Whanau Support Services
Whanau Ora Kaiarahi Services
Our Whanau Ora Kaiarahi Services include:
- Needs assessments to identify the specific needs of you and your whanau
- Goal setting/aspirations (individual and whole whanau)
- Navigation and guidance to the right support service for you and your whanau which will support you to reach your goals and aspirations
Who can enrol in our Whanau Ora Kaiarahi service?
Anyone living in the Wairarapa area (from Pukaha Mt Bruce to Cape Palliser.) There is no age limit for this service
Life skills Parenting
Our lifeskills parenting service includes:
- Assessment (What you want to get out of the parenting course?)
- Goal setting (What outcome do you want for you and your whanau at the end of the course?)
- 1-1 parenting sessions (5 session minimum - 10 sessions maximum)
- Whanau led sessions (session topics, locations and times are tailored to suit the needs of you and your whanau)
Who can enrol in our life skills parenting programme?
Anyone who has children in their care who are between the ages of 7-17 years old and are living in the Wairarapa area (from Pukaha Mt Bruce to Cape Palliser)
Youth Peer Support
Our youth peer support service includes:
- Needs assessment
- Goal setting and goal planning
- Strengths based (what are your strengths?)
- 1-1 sessions
Who can enrol in our Youth Peer Support service?
Youth who are between the ages of 7-17 years old and are living in the Wairarapa area (from Pukaha Mt Bruce to Cape Palliser). Signed consent from parent/legal caregiver is required.
YDP (Youth Development Programme)
Working alongside Oranga Tamariki. Referrals from Oranga Tamariki only
Family Safety Team (FST) Services
Home based support and advocacy for whānau experiencing intimate partner violence issues, working alongside the NZ Police
How do the sessions work?
You will work together with your kaimahi (worker) to figure out how the sessions will work best for you. We provide the option of home appointments and appointments here at the office. We are open till 7pm on Thursdays if you cannot make any other times because of your work commitments.
How much will this cost me?
All services listed above have no cost
How can I enrol?
We welcome all to come in to our office and speak to the kaimahi (worker) on duty who will be sitting in the reception office. The kaimahi on duty will support you to enrol in to the right service for you. Our 3-page enrolment form will require you to provide your details and contact details. You will also be required to complete and sign a consent to intervention form. The kaimahi on duty can explain this in more detail when you arrive. Please feel free to come into the office at 15 Victoria Street, Masterton anytime within our open times.
For further information around any of these services, please contact us.